Thursday, February 3, 2011

Washington Park

One of my favorite places to go is Washington Park in Anacortes. It's such a fun park to spend the day in or just to enjoy a nice slow scenic 3 mile drive. So a few weeks ago we had a nice sunny day and not wanting to waste it we (sheri, joel, seth, ellie, matt and myself) set out to have a day at the park.

Matt has a new camera so we got-


some fun...


some cute...


some cool...


some playful...


some helpful... (please note this is a Ford diesel F350 1Ton Crew Cab jump starting a Prius)


some not so fun...

pictures of our day!

After spending time driving around playing at the park the kids wanted to know when we were going to go "play" at the park?! So just before heading home we stopped off at the toys. The ground was very wet and slippery resulting as you can see in a tragic end to Matt's care free days of mobility for the next 4-6 weeks. (he got his very own pair of crutches and boot the next day) No I'm not a mean wife who has to take a pic before going to help. It just happened that as I went to take a photo of seth rolling down the hill Matt slipped. (I knew I should have had it in video mode!) =)

We also decided to stop over at Grandma & Grandpa's house with dessert to finish off our fun filled day only to find Matt was not the only one who had been injured that day.

Grandma stepped wrong on her little step stool and it flipped up and hit her leg! Then while we were there I went to get the ice cream back out of the freezer and was attacked by a butter tub full of frozen strawberry puree.

Still all and all we had a great day and we think next time...

YOU should come with us!


6 comments:

Sheri Dickson Woodson said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! I wanted to link this to my facebook, but I don't see the link at the bottom of the post.

julie331 said...

Love it! Your pics turned out great. You all look so happy. I miss you guys.

desertortoise said...

your photos are beautiful! I wanna go there.

Laurence and Sidney said...

Great pic's!! Too bad you invited us all to go w/ you AFTER your trip!! Love ya

Bump and Erin said...

First, OUCH! Second, the pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

fun pictures all but the owie ones. lol thanks for sharing,

BlogPatrol Free Blog Counter