Saturday, December 12, 2009

family fun

so now that i have my saturdays free it gives me some time to spend with family! today i went out geocaching with Dode & Stephanie. we went out to the pilchuck tree farm to seek a cache that someone had dedicated to Stephanie "FarmGirl".


it was about a mile hike out to the cache.


as you can see we found it!


on our way to and from FarmGirls cache we looked for some micro caches. (i think micro caches should not be aloud in the woods!)


we all had a great time even though it was a bit cold!


after we got back to Dode's house the girls found that the small pond next to their house was frozen.




while out playing on the ice Miriam found some thin ice a "fell in". (the pond is only 6 or so inches deep) her nice sisters brought her in and put her in a hot bath to warm up. after running around for a while after her bath she thought her feet were still cold so what else is a girl to do?


(she fell a sleep!)


6 comments:

We're All Wright said...

Wow when you said a tree farm I had no idea it was so huge!!I love geocaching. I did it with Thad in Nauvoo. The last picture of Miriam is so funny!!!

Tera said...

That is so cute! What a great picture of Miriam asleep in the office chair. I love it.

Stephanie Dickson said...

We had a great time Janice! Hope you'll want to hang out with us again. We're going sledding on the 2nd, want to come?

Sheri Dickson Woodson said...

The more I know of Miriam, the more I love that girl!

Anonymous said...

How fun. I've never tried geocaching before, but it sounds fun.

desertortoise said...

It was so fun to see you! Thanks for coming out to Arlington...looks like I'll have more chances to come out that way soon! Merry Christmas!

BlogPatrol Free Blog Counter