Tuesday, February 17, 2009

where does it all come from?!

so as many of you know Matthew and I put our house up for sale in Oct. 2007. (we want to travel the world doing scuba diving.) it took some time but we did find a buyer and they wanted to be in by Christmas. so because we would be traveling light we had a huge estate sale and sold EVERYTHING! we keep about 15 boxes of stuff like Christmas decorations, my floral supplies and some keepsakes. but other then our clothes and bed we sold it ALL. then the buyers asked to extend it until Jan. we were a bit disappointed we didn't get to spend our last Christmas in our house but things happen.(we had moved into a room at mom and dad's until everything was taken care of.) so as all of us do we put off cleaning and taking away the rest of the trash from the house until the last day. just as we were puling out of the driveway at 4pm the day of closing we got "the call" letting us know the sale had fallen thru! i told Matthew just to keep on driving because i was not ready to face our empty house yet.

we stayed away from our house for about 6 weeks. then we thought maybe if we painted some of the rooms it would help it to sell. so we moved our bed (just the mattresses as we had gotten rid of the frame) into the living room so we could paint all the rooms. then as you all know the housing market really dropped! so we took our house off the market. and here we sit until it comes back up. (in two three years?!? maybe?)

so back to my question "where does it all come from?" how come my house gets so messy? we sold almost everything. how can what we do have left take up so much space??!!

we may never know the answer to some of life's questions. =)

6 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

Wow, where have I been? I didn't know you guys were even moving.

janice said...

for now we are not. =(

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! What a nightmare. I am so sorry. Hang in there. I did recently see an ad for the greatest job in the world. You are hired to live on a remote island in Australia for 6 months(I think). I can't remember the pay, but it was good. They gave you a house and expected you to play hard and then report on it. You had to tell about the scuba diving, the beaches, the food, etc. It was an advertising ploy to get the island known to the world. Since tourism is a bit low. You guys would be perfect. You should look into it.

We're All Wright said...

Hey I want to go to Australia! Janice I have to agree with the "stuff" problem. We didn't bring hardly anything with us and our room is the messiest in the house. What is my problem?

Shayla said...

your guess is as good as mine. I've moved 8 times in the last 2 years and every time I clean out everything I own, and still...stuff everywhere...it's a bit ridiculous...good luck!

Anonymous said...

http://www.islandreefjob.com

BlogPatrol Free Blog Counter